It’s the wish of a pregnant mother to have a smooth journey. Unfortunately, while pregnancy is an exciting time, it comes with a fair share of troubles, ranging from lower back pain to nausea and other symptoms. However, chiropractic care can help you maintain a healthy spine, which can help your overall health during pregnancy and after.
Are you looking for prenatal chiropractic care services in Orlando, FL, or Apopka, FL? Schedule an appointment with our chiropractor on our chiropractic team at Meyer Medical and Chiropractic for personalized care and back pain relief.
Pregnancy and Lower Back Pain
Many pregnant women experience lower back pain at some point in pregnancy. But why is lower back pain prevalent among expectant women? During pregnancy, your center of gravity shifts towards the front of your pelvis. As weight increases in the front, this causes stress on your pelvis and lower back.
As the belly grows and weight increases, there is more weight on your lower back, resulting in pain. Underlying conditions may exacerbate the worsening curvature, often leading to more pain.
Chiropractic Care for Pregnant Women
Prenatal chiropractic care isn’t much different from regular chiro care. The only difference is that we may use a special table to accommodate the growing belly and may use different techniques depending on how advanced your pregnancy is. Once you are comfortable, we adjust your spine to remove spinal restrictions that cause pain and severe pregnancy-related symptoms.
Besides adjustments, we recommend massage therapy and stretching exercises to reduce pain and restore mobility. All our chiropractic care treatments are safe for both you and your baby in all stages of your pregnancy.
Benefits of Prenatal Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care during pregnancy provides numerous benefits. If you are still sitting on the fence about prenatal chiropractic care, consider the benefits below to make up your mind:
- It’s safe: Chiropractic care doesn’t use drugs or medication to manage pain. Our pregnancy chiropractor on our team uses natural methods to treat pain, making chiropractic care are generally safe for pregnant women who are intolerant to most drugs.
- Provides pain relief: If you have troubling lower back pain, chiropractic care can help manage the pain. Chiropractic care reduces pressure on the compressed spinal nerves, reducing back pain.
- Smooth delivery: Chiropractic treatment can help align your back and pelvic joints, removing restrictions that may hinder smooth delivery.
- Reduces pregnancy-related symptoms: Nausea and vomiting are common in pregnancy, especially in the first semester. Chiropractic care may help increase the communication between the spine and the brain, helping manage hormonal regulation.
- Boosts immunity: Chiropractic care may help boost your body’s disease-fighting mechanism, helping you fight off colds, flu, and other infections with ease.
Get Back Pain Relief from Our Pregnancy Chiropractor
Would you like a smooth pregnancy in (407) 445-4500 Orlando, FL, or (407) 445-4501 Apopka, FL? Have you considered chiropractic care? Book an appointment with us at Meyer Medical and Chiropractic for back pain relief and other benefits of prenatal chiropractic care. Call us for help from our chiropractor.