While text neck (also known as tech neck) isn't a specific diagnosis, this syndrome of uncomfortable symptoms can be incredibly disruptive in your daily life. Text neck can affect people of all ages, which makes chiropractic care an ideal resource for anyone looking for effective relief. If you are suffering from text neck, our team at Meyer Medical and Chiropractic can provide the testing and treatment you need to address your symptoms and prevent them from reoccurring.
What Is Text Neck?
Text neck is a collection of signs and symptoms that develop after spending too long on digital devices, including smartphones, computers, and tablets. Technically, a person could also develop text neck after spending too much time in a slouched position with their head forward and neck bent down, whether they are using a digital device or not.
The problem is prolonged time in any position can cause tissue strain and reduced circulation in areas of the body. For example, in the spine, keeping the head forward increases the relative amount of force on the neck, which over time, may lead to or exacerbate age-related health conditions like spondylosis.
Although symptoms vary from patient to patient, common signs of text neck include:
- Neck pain
- Neck stiffness
- Shoulder pain and stiffness
- Jaw pain or clicking
- Pain, numbness, and tingling in the arms or hands
- Difficulty concentrating or mood changes
Once a person comes out of their slouched position and moves about, these symptoms can get better on their own. But, as mentioned, the cumulative effects of text neck may lead to chronic pain and other health-related issues.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help
Text neck treatment from our chiropractor includes a variety of drug-free and non-invasive services, including:
- Spinal adjustments for upper cervical pain, which help reduce tissue strain, improve spinal alignment, accelerate tissue healing, and decrease pain naturally
- Manual therapy helps relax stiff muscles and promote blood flow to the affected area
- Personalized exercises and stretching programs to improve your strength, posture, and mobility
- Lifestyle guidance, including practical tips on improving ergonomics, digital device habits, and more
Visit Us for Text Neck Treatment in Orlando or Apopka, FL
If you're concerned about your spinal health and frustrated by daily neck pain and stiffness, contact Meyer Medical and Chiropractic to schedule an appointment with our Orlando and Apopka chiropractor, Dr. Max Meyer. Our team helps people with text neck, work injuries, personal injuries, sports injuries, and more. Call our Orlando office at (407) 445-4500 or our Apopka location at (407) 445-4501 to schedule your first appointment.